The Core of Outriders: Wherewithal, Traditional Skills, & Traditional Living Technology, Navigation, Well-being, Tracking, Carving, Archery, Fishing, Fire making, Stealth and Stalking, Plant Identification & Visions of Environmental Stewardship.
We seek balanced relationships between people, plants, & places.
We honor paying attention & being aware.
We create individual growth & friendship in our old-school outdoor survival skills camp environment.
We work with people who are responsible to lead outdoor skills instruction safely.
Examples of Questions which we often pose to Campers:
- How do you do? (Howdy?)
- Have you been to Outdoor style camps before?
- Where is your water bottle? How much water is in there?
- What are the 3 rules of Camp?
- Cool stick. What is its purpose?
- Did you bring a knife to Camp?
- Are you following ALL the rules of Carving
- Would you like to shoot archery?
- What do you think is the purpose of this activity?
- Would anyone like to drink more water?
- Did you hear that bird? Song or alarm?
- Do you recognize this track?
- Do you see a trail?
- What did our ancestors use to hunt those big furry things?
- What makes YOU an OUTRIDER ?